Thursday, May 30, 2013

solution of This computer has no detected O.S and linux not showing up partition of windows in dual boot


Problem description:

I had windows 8 installed in my laptop Acer 4750G and I was intrested in running linux and windows side by side so I tried to dual boot linux mint along with windows 8 but as i was proceeding, linux showed that "This computer has no detected O.S " and showed the options of completely deleting the other files and installing linux and the other was something else. Then I clicked the something else and the suprising thing that there was no partition of the hard drive of the windows .that is the hard disk was shown with no partition, it showed the harddisk as a single.I had 500gb disk and it showed 500gb as a single partition.
  then I was worried what to do, If i selected that partition then window would be uninstalled  and beware that  dont install there we can't get dual boot there.


 this is how I solved the problem

 first I partitioned the hard drive through linux using Gparted available in linux
then i installed linux in one partition removing the windows. Now I had single linux in my pc.
then I again  clean install windows 8, linux partition was showed in windows. Then we can install the windows 8 and enjoy dual boot

 But I wanted to install windows first and install linux so I  clean installed windows 8
 after the above steps, Then i tried to install linux this time current O.S was surely  up with the partition of
 windows

1 comment:

  1. Amazing stuff here, very nice to read this kind of blogs, thanks for sharing it. . .
    local house shifting services.

    ReplyDelete