Thursday, May 30, 2013

how to solve windows 8 cannot shutdown


I had also faced the problem of windows 8 not shutting down properly.  I have Acer  4750G ,when i pressed the shutdown , it acts as if it is shutting in a normal way displaying "shutting down" in the screen and windows  screen goes black but the fan and power light keeps on running. Even the shut down in safe mode made the laptop  hanged up . So I had only options of pressing the power button to turn the laptop off. Even I was adviced to update the bios and I did it but no any benefit . windows 8 forum suggested that the problem was the some of  the windows 8 software might be preventing windows shutdown and asked to check if any software is doinf so but  same output.

 this is how I ran into this problem

 previously I was running windows 8 properly, then I was intrested in dual boot along with linux. So  I tried to install linux mint and windows 8 side by side but some problem ran and I could not successed so I again finallly clean install the windows 8 alone but now the problem bagan with windows 8 not shutting down. even i tried with  other version of windows like windows 7, xp and so on.... but the problem didnot solved.  even looking at the internet and trying several optoions couldnot get me out of this. I had to pressed the power button.

this is how ny problem was solved

I clean installed the linux mint removing the windows 8 and tried the shut down option .wait, wait,............. and my words were WOW I have successed. now my laptop was able to shut down properly.no any pressing of shut down button.Then again I installed the windows 8 removing linux , and It is not showing any problem.But remember that when I live boot linux and tried shutdown, It didn't shutdown but hanged up. so clean  linux install was needed , no dual boot.

hope this my experience of windows not shutting down can help others who might be suffering the same problem.

Now I am running dual boot with windows 8 and linux mint side by side and no problem in shutting down.

Do you find this helpful?


1 comment:

  1. Amazing stuff here, very nice to read this kind of blogs, thanks for sharing it. . .
    Car transportation services.

    ReplyDelete